Q. Do you list education on resume if you did not finish the program/major? A. As with almost all things "resume," the answer is “it depends.” Here are some questions to consider when trying to decide whether or not to include incomplete education or coursework towards a degree.
• Are you actively pursuing the degree?
• Is it the only education you are listing?
• Is it relevant to the position in which you are interested?
• Is it a significant amount of coursework?
• Is speaking to not completing your degree going to derail you in interviews?
If you are, in fact, actively – and well into – pursuing a degree, then you can list it. Just make sure to add the term “Candidate” so it is clear that you don’t yet hold the degree.
Wondering about resume content? Continually ask yourself: "Is this bolstering readers' perceptions of my qualifications or is it a distraction?"